Sunday, August 29, 2010

Styles. Contrast. Two halves of a whole.

Most everything I design, create or do feels like it doesn't have a flow. I know what I don't like, but I also know what I do. So when I take samples, pictures and visual representations of what I like, it doesn't ever seem to go together well. In attempting to find some patterned paper for my blog site, I've come to a realization that there are two separate souls that reside inside my body. One is clean, fresh, minimalistic. The other is vintage. How the heck do you merge those two?

In my home, there is no merge. Of course, right now all is chaos. I admire people who have beautifully designed homes while also being home with children, but it's not a part of my genetic make-up. So, instead, everything here is primarily based on function, durability, and organization... of a sort. :)

In my sessions, as I review images and purge, sort, select, there are often images that just call out to me for something else. As a general rule, I don't post-process my images beyond making a few corrections, and a very slight color pop. (Remember? Clean. Fresh. Minimalistic) But these other images, they have such potential for something more, something different. Out of all those options available in Photoshop, the ones that appeal to me are (of course) vintage.

So, I'm considering creating two area's. LHP Fresh, and LHP Vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment