Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Little Word:

So, last year I picked a word for the year, one that would help me focus on some of my goals, and make positive changes. I really feel like I was able to do that, even though about 6 months in I didn't think of it more than once every 8 weeks or so. But, to kick off the year on the right foot, I think it really helped keep me focused.

I wasn't going to do it again, I saw some bloggers started posting about it in early December, and I was so overwhelmed I couldn't think that far ahead, or focus on anything other than the few hours directly in front of me.

Now that the new year is here, and New Years Eve (an evil holiday for me ) is over, I'm really looking ahead, and I think I'm going to do this again.

Last year my word was ACCOMPLISH. I started the year with different goals for that word, but looking back, I can see how just the subconscious effort I put into that word in the the first half of the year totally set the tone for my whole year. When I stop to consider all the things I've really accomplished in the last 12 months, I'm completely overwhelmed, and amazed at myself.

I'll be thinking of a word that sums up my goals this year. I hope you'll think about joining me!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this as well, so when I figure out my word I'll let you know!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie! What was your word last year Beth?

    ReplyDelete