Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Things I read...

I like to read. I read a lot of blogs these days. Some cuz they're funny, honest, interesting, inspiring, or because someone I know writes them.

I like to read. I read lots (and lots, and lots) of (fiction) books. I have 3 bags of books downstairs to be donated. If you think I mean nice, small plastic grocery-type bags, you'd be wrong. I have 2  - 13 gallon kitchen bags, and one large black 'yard waste' bag that I am unsure of its actual gallon-measurement, but I confess I have trouble lifting it.

I like to read. I read less magazines than I used to... I just don't seem to have the time.

I like to read. I read more business books now than I ever have in my life, including textbooks I should have read in college.

I like to read. I'm not a huge fan of the digital book readers, since I don't travel enough out of town to make carrying more than 3 books in one device appealing, and as I move about my day I will never remember to carry a regular book with me, let alone a digital reader. However, I'm truly in love with the Kindle app I have for my Android phone. I still forget my phone a lot, but a lot less than I would forget to grab a digital reader.

So, here is some of what I'm currently reading:

I just finished Seth Godin's Linchpin. I read it on my android Kindle app - so I actually finished it. It was fascinating and scary at the same time.

I am re-reading A Wrinkle In Time by Madelenie L'Engle. I read this as a kid, and loved it. I found it when Matthew and I hit the library yesterday and thought I'd read it again. I do this a lot with books I enjoy, it is like visiting an old friend.

I found this blog/website today, through Deb Schwedhelm's blog (obviously, I read hers too!) and I loved the statement that Stephanie Beaty includes on the page I linked to.

This is just some of what I'm reading. A good friend sent me a whole block of interesting/funny/amusing emails last night, and I confess... I don't always take the time to read them all. But, since I did, I learned about this: Yosemite Frazil Ice.

I also recently found a blog on Minimalist living called Be More with Less. The name alone gets me excited. LESS. That'd be awesome. Perhaps unrealistic, but awesome. There, I learned about this: Weather Inversions.

I like to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment