Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rock&Roll, Tombstones, and GREAT boots...

This month I’ve concentrated on being thankful. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude.

I couldn’t be more grateful that I know Kate. I know her from some unfortunate health issues I have to deal with, but she makes the task of dealing with a chronic disease so much more simple. When a routine phone call to the doctor to update him on my symptoms turned into a conversation about my business (and stress) it lead to another item I can add to my gratitude list: Devin’s Senior Portrait session.

From the moment Devin walked in, I did a mental fist pump. She was awesome. She has funk, and style, and is not afraid to show it. We exchanged some ideas, and some emails, and I got a good impression of the type of awesome teenager Devin is. She was open, and honest with me about what she wanted, and very DEFINITE about what she didn’t. See? No fear.

The day of the session I was totally nervous. I had some ideas, but what I really wanted was to put some images together that would support this unique personality. That would showcase her individuality and gorgeous features.

When Devin arrived, and throughout our session, she was PHENOMENAL. Calm. Graceful. Open. Daring. Brave. Willing to ask for things she thought would be cool that I overlooked. She was exactly right, and she was smokin hot.

Here are just a few from our session. I wish you the best this year Devin. Your world is about to expand, and I’d love to continue to hear about your journey.


{slideshow}
Music by AdamCaptured

3 comments:

  1. Lani,
    Simply stated you rock. Thank you so much for the great experience that you created for Devin. You would of thought that you knew Devin all of your life with the way you "just got it". I can't say enough about impressed I am with your talents and what a joy it was to work with you. Thank you so much Lani.
    With much appreciation,
    Kate-

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the boots i must say and your model is stunning:)

    ReplyDelete